Sunday, January 19, 2014

Normal days

This week was another beautiful weather week. The issue is Beirut needs rain. We have only had a small amount so there is definitely a water shortage. The mountains haven't gotten a lot of snow either. So, while I love the 60s and 70s that we are having, I am hoping for rain. In other news, there is no garbage pickup right now because of some protests over a landfill so that is gross. Reminds me of the strike in New York.  I am hoping it doesn't last long. 

It was the end if first semester Friday. It has gone by fast. We started talking about what classes we would like to teach next year, which was nice. My department is great, all willing to work together. It's also the time of year where teachers are deciding if they are staying or going. I was thinking a lot about this and how different people's experiences are here. Two teachers could have two totally different experiences in the same school. I am so thankful for the experience Ryan and I are having here. In March we are going to Austria, Ryan has a meeting there to look into getting us in another conference for sports. In April I will be going to Amman, Jordan for track, which I am coaching starting in February. Then, for spring break we booked tickets to Brussels, where we will see Ryan's cousins and then take the trains to Paris and London. I am so excited for all the traveling we are going to be doing. 

Not much else new to report. 

No comments:

Post a Comment